Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tomas reaches semis!

Tomas Berdych has fabricated it a addiction to actuate of his rivals quickly, at the Chennai Open, and Friday was no exception. The top-seeded brilliant bare aloof 84 account at the Centre Court at the SDAT Stadium actuality to access the semi-finals.

Berdych’s adversary Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia, admitting spirited, could do little to bout the accuracy of the Czech apple No. 6 and absent 3-6, 3-6.

The alone alleviation for the Slovenian was that he could breach Berdych’s serve twice, alone to lose his own four times. Six of the account breach came in the additional set as the rivals outwitted anniversary added in lapses. Berdych bankrupt Kavcic’s fourth bold back the Slovenian yielded credibility with four bifold faults and again led 4-2 afore absolute the aboriginal set.

The Serbian was blessed to accomplishment the bout in two sets that too adjoin a amateur like Nishikori. “I knew he had run a lot in his antecedent two matches... so I was blessed to get off to a acceptable alpha and accomplishment the bout in two sets. It would accept been backbreaking to win in three sets. I would accept been beat afore the semi-final. Now, hopefully, I will be beginning on Saturday.”

Like the Serbian, Berdych, too, was alert while arena adjoin his 112th ranked rival. “I had never played him afore so it was a little tough. I did not apperceive what to expect,” Berdych said of Kavcic.

“Some mistakes crept into my bold at the alpha of the additional set. Maybe I was banishment my shots a little too much, abnormally back the wind was abaft me. But on the absolute side, I am blessed I could breach him a few times and accomplishment the bout in beeline sets,” said Berdych.

The Malisse-Phau bout was accepted to be a actively contested one, abnormally afterwards Phau’s superb achievement adjoin fourth berry Richard Gasquet. The German, however, was abnormally chastened as Malisse raced through the aboriginal set in 35 account and again bankrupt the German alert in the additional set to blanket up the bout in an hour and 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment