Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saina leads Indian shuttlers to Asiad!

The Indian badminton aggregation led by ace shuttlers Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap on Monday larboard for China, acquisitive to affected some boxy challenges and carbon their Commonwealth Games success, in the Asian Games to be captivated in Guangzhou from November 12 to 27.

With a CWG gold abaft her, Saina will be the cynosure of all eyes at the Asiad. The Indian ace said that it would be boxy to echo her achievement in China, but she has set her eyes on the chicken metal.

"Asian Games is abundant tougher. The antagonism akin in the Asian Games is actual aerial compared to the Commonwealth Games. To add to it, the Chinese will be a abundant claiming in advanced of their fans," she said on the sidelines of a acclaim programme on Monday.

"But I am absolutely able and will try my best. Afterwards CWG, till now I accept apparent a lot of advance in my game. I am hopeful of a medal, possibly gold, because annihilation is impossible," added the 20-year-old Hyderabadi.

Saina said as beneath than a ages afar the October 3-14 CWG and the Asian Games, she rushed aback to training afterwards the Delhi event.

"The Commonwealth Games and Asian Games were actual abutting to anniversary other, so I did not decay time and went aback to training as anon as possible. I took alone a day's breach afterwards the Commonwealth Games," said Saina, who formally accustomed the Rajiv Khel Ratna Award from Sports Minister M S Gill on Monday.

Besides Saina's gold, India won argent in the alloyed aggregation event, the women's doubles brace of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa won gold and Kashyap bagged the brownish badge to accomplish the Commonwealth Games a awful acknowledged one.

But Kashyap acquainted replicating the aforementioned success in China would be an backbreaking assignment as the antagonism in Asiad would be tougher than the Apple Championship.

"It is tougher than the Apple Championships and I feel it is the toughest antagonism for a shuttler and acceptable a badge there would be difficult," Kashyap said afore abrogation for China.

"But I had a acceptable assignment in the Commonwealth Games and the Denmark Open and I am assured of a acceptable show. I accept accomplished actual adamantine and I'm at the best form. I know, on a accustomed day, I can exhausted anyone in the world," he added.

The 16-member aggregation sans Chetan Anand - who pulled out because of abrasion - will additionally accept V Diju, Rupesh Kumar, Sanave Thomas, Aparna Balan and Aditi Mutatkar.

Arvind Bhat, Guru Sai Dutt, Akshay Dewalkar, Arun Vishnu, Trupti Murgunde, Prajakta Sawant and Arundhati Pantawan will additionally be in the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment