Wednesday, August 18, 2010

kuznetsova finding hardcourt form ahead of US Open!

Svetlana Kuznetsova, the aboriginal Russian woman to win the US Open, flashed her hardcourt full-blooded on Tuesday by acquisition Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 7-5, 4-6, 6-1 in an all-Russian first-round affray at the Montreal Cup.

A achievement over a 19-year-old adversary who has won added hardcourt matches this division than any added amateur will not accomplish Kuznetsova a favourite at Flushing Meadows after this ages but affirmation continues to arise that she will be amid the contenders.

The 25-year-old Kuznetsova launched her North American hardcourt attack in style, claiming a 13th career appellation with a achievement in San Diego two weeks ago.

But she followed that ablaze achievement with a dud, accident her aperture bout in Cincinnati to accessory Maria Sharapova.

That defeat, however, appears to accept been little added than a discharge in Kuznetsova's U.S. Open buildup, the 11th berry adage she has bound rediscovered her anatomy and confidence.

"Before, I was added aggressive, I was activity for the assurance and I anticipate I accept that back," Kuznetsova, the 2004 U.S. Open champion, told reporters. "I feel like I'm back, I'm aback in my bold and it all depends on me.

"I was disturbing and not alive what to do on the court, I am animated that (period) is finished. I am now confident." In added first-round activity on a airy day at Stade Uniprix, 10th berry Victoria Azarenka of Belarus burst Ukraine's Kateryna Bondarenko 6-1, 6-1 while Italian 15th berry Flavia Pennetta formed accomplished Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova 6-0, 7-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment