Thursday, October 21, 2010

My grandmother wanted a boy: Saina Nehwal!

She is one of the best approved afterwards changeable antic stars in India but back Saina Nehwal was built-in in affectionate Haryana, her own

grandmother banned to attending at her because of the inherent bigotry adjoin the babe adolescent in the state.

"I was absolutely afraid back I was told that my grandmother did not appear to see me till a ages afterwards my birth. I was built-in seven years afterwards my alone sister Chandranshu and my bearing was a big disappointment for her," the ace shuttler, beginning from a gold badge at the Commonwealth Games, wrote in a cavalcade for the 'India Today' magazine.

"But in it there is a bulletin that I accept actual able-bodied now about the bigotry adjoin the babe child," she said.

"My mother Usha Rani had represented Haryana in badminton and she was constant in her encouragement. That helped me body my career auspiciously and at aloof 14, I had a sponsor in Bharat Petroleum and Deccan Chronicle now. We alive in an accommodation bought with my award-winning money and my parents accept taken affliction that it is in my name," she revealed.

"Many Haryanvi sportspersons, decidedly women, are not bisected as lucky. They do not accept acceptable sponsors alike afterwards accomplishing awfully well," she rued.

But she acclaimed the Haryana government's efforts to recognise all-embracing performers.

"The Haryana Government has in the aftermost two years offered several incentivesthe accomplished award-winning money for badge winners at the Commonwealth Games and a car too. No accompaniment has akin this so far. This is a acceptable assurance for sportswomen as it gives them fresh recognition," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment