Monday, October 1, 2012

Sridevi: I haven't done much as an actor!

It's hard to believe that it was 15 years ago when we last saw Sridevi on the big screen. It's like she hasn't aged at all.

The actress, who makes her comeback to the silver screen with Gauri Shinde's English Vinglish on October 5, insists that it is her debut film, not a comeback.

She looks particularly fresh and radiant as she arrives for the interview. I can't help but ask her about the secret behind her glow.

She says, "Love gives me the energy. There is no secret; whatever you are inside will reflect on your face. Just be happy and positive. Just look for the basic things every morning. You have to be happy from within and enjoy."

In conversation with Sonil Dedhia, Sridevi explains the reason behind her long haitus and reveals what prompted her to get back to films.

You are back on the silver screen after 15 years. Why such a long break?

I ask the same question: why 15 years? (laughs). I wish Gauri (Shinde, the director) had met me before; I would have done this movie at any given time.

My fans used to always ask me, 'When will we see you?' I am so glad and thankful to my fans that I was always there in their hearts and they never forgot me.

Did you miss acting?

No. I was happy to spend time with my children and my husband. I was enjoying motherhood.

At the same time I never lost touch with films. As a producer's wife I was happy being behind the camera. I would often go on the sets to watch a shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment